Happy New Year folks!
I unintentionally disappeared on you for a bit… Sorry about that! I went home for the holidays with plans of blogging while I was there… but you know how that goes. Once I got there all I wanted to do was spend as much time as possible with family and friends (so zero time on my computer).
But I’m back to Paris now and looking forward to what 2015 has in store.
Needless to say, the year has started off terribly with the Charlie Hebdo tragedy – these past few days have been sad, enraging, and stressful for most Parisians. Thanks to everyone who wrote to check up on me and Edouard this week! We’re safely snuggled up on the couch tonight and are feeling relieved now that the manhunt is over.
I know I’m a bit late, but since it’s a new year I’m curious about what you guys have come up with for resolutions!
I’ve got quite a lot, so I’ll only tell you a few of mine:
- Be a better correspondent (and friend!): Reply to people’s messages directly. I have a bad habit of reading a message and forgetting about it until days later. I also want to write more letters.
- Do yoga AT LEAST once a week (I’m hoping to do it everyday though…)
- Discover more of Paris. I’m not sure how much more time I’ll have in this city so I want to try new restaurants, bars, and experiences every week!
- Organize my photos. I don’t think I’ve put together a photo album since 2010. That’s 4 years, a wedding, a honeymoon, and A LOT of catching up to do.
- And of course, I want to keep blogging! I have yet to go a whole year of consistently writing on my blog. (So if I disappear again this year, BUG ME!! Tell me to get my butt back on here and ramble more to you about the French and my crazy life!)
And what are your resolutions? Maybe you’ve got some good ideas that I could add to my list? Let me know in the comments!
If any of you are looking to add a bit of the “French touch” to your lives this year (or just want a good book to read), check out “How to Be Parisian Wherever You Are.” It’s the perfect guide to help you embrace your inner Parisian. My friend Ieva bought it for me for Christmas and I’ve been getting a kick out it! It’s written by 4 French ladies, so they really know what they’re talking about. They do a great job of explaining everything from the Parisian pout to “What NOT to wear”. I’m not done with it yet but I’m already feeling more French 😉
Wishing you all a very Parisian 2015… wherever you are.